August 2019 – March 2020 (project is ongoing)
UC DWP (Universal Credit, Department of Work and Pensions, UK Government)
To establish what the best solution is for Corporate Appointees to manage multiple claims, and then to create that solution.
Research, workshop co-facilitation, ideation, prototyping, presenting.
Me – Interaction Design, Mel Dunkley – Content Design, Jane Turner – User Research
How the project started
Corporate Appointees are a small user group that haven’t been catered for that well by Universal Credit, and have been quite vocal in their frustrations trying to manage multiple claims.
Who are Corporate Appointees?
Corporate Appointees are organisations that look after an individual’s government benefit claim when that person isn’t able to do so.
- Creating claims was by far the biggest pain point
- A brand new digital service that only Corporate Appointees could access was found to be the best solution
Change that were planned
- Iteration/release 1 would focus on claim creation, while also providing account creation and management. This would be trialed with one Corporate Appointee initially.
- Through user testing we found that participants were able to create claims fairly easily and quickly.
- One participant stated that he would be able to do 3 claims in the time it takes to wait to create a claim on the phone.
Currently Corporate Appointees have to call up the main UC phone line and wait between 30 and 60 minutes before talking to an agent.
As this is a government service that isn’t public, I can’t show screenshots or finished designs. If you would like to know more information, please get in touch.