Filtering for Reckon One list screens
Date: November 2016 – 2017 (Not released yet)
Client: Reckon – Reckon One (Cloud accounting app)
Description: Redesign how users access filtering on list screens
My Role: User Experience Designer
The Brief: To make filtering in Reckon One list screens more obvious for users. We had been receiving consistent feedback that the filtering options on list screens were either hard to find, or complaints that users couldn’t filter lists.
- Showing the filter icon on hover wasn’t obvious enough
- The icon used was not associated with filtering
- Competitors had filters accessible in one place – we had one filter for each column.
Changes that are yet to be implemented
- Remove filter icons from the grid, replace with accessing all filters in one place.
- Use icon that is associated with filtering
- Multiple filters can be applied in one go
- Multiple filters can be removed in one go
After (mock up)